Loyola University Chicago Area Peace Action, organizers of the 2019 Chicago Peace Summit
1. “Climate Change: A Planet in Crisis,” the opening plenary of the 2019 Chicago Peace Summit, with Rachel Elfant, Nancy Meza and Paul Street.
2. “Peace is more than the Absence of War: The Realities of US Intervention in Latin America,” a presentation and discussion with Victoria Cervantes and Laura Nussbaum-Barberena of La Voz de los de Abajos
3. Kathy Kelly of Voices for Creative Non-Violence speaks on “Stopping the Next War Now! Working for Peace in a Permanent Warfare State”
4. “Ending Middle East Conflict and the Future of War Powers” with Natasha Erskine of Veterans for Peace, Robert Naiman of Just Foreign Policy, and Kathy Kelly of Voices for Creative Non-Violence https://youtu.be/F51gxcXVob4
5. Natasha Eskine of Veterans for Peace shares her experiences about “Racism in America’s Military” and what it means for youth caught up in the economic draft
6. “How the Peace Movement Can Reclaim and Reframe the Issue of Nuclear Risk,” with Professor Nan Kim and David Kraft of the Nuclear Energy Information Service, the closing plenary at the 2019 Chicago Peace Summit.